“Demon Is Actually The More Common Term For Extraplanar Entity.”
This 28mm scale metal model of a Minor Demon is made by “North Star Military Figures” and can be bought together with a somewhat smaller Imp Demon as code FGV302 from their “Frostgrave” range. Rather embarrassingly I actually received this figure as part of a Secret Santa gift way back in December 2015, and had initially planned to paint him as part of that year’s Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge.
Described as being “pretty unhappy about being pulled away from their own existence”, the devil was primed with “Vallejo” Heavy Red and washed in “Citadel” Carroburg Crimson. I then ‘picked out’ its hooves, horns and teeth with a combination of “Vallejo” White and “Citadel” Agrax Earthshade”, before applying “Vallejo” Heavy Sienna to all the monster’s fur.
These areas were later drenched in (more) “Citadel” Agrax Earthshade. I did originally just leave the Minor Demon’s tongue black, as per the creature’s ‘official’ paint-job. But I simply didn’t like the way it looked somewhat unfinished, so eventually went back with a little “Vallejo” Heavy Violet and “Citadel” Druchi Violet.
Alongside my latest “Frostgrave” figure I have finished the fourth (and final) 28mm Uruk-hai Bezerker by "Games Workshop" which I needed for my 500-point "Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game" Isengard force. Like so many of my metal “The Lord Of The Rings” miniatures, this old model was bought at a wargaming show over a decade ago , and was painted along the exact same lines to those used for my previously-painted "Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game" super-strong Orcs.
Sticking with Fantasy, albeit an entirely different world to that of Joseph A. McCullough or J.R.R. Tolkein, I have made some in-roads on another of my “Rocket Pig Games” sculpts which “FullyCycled” have printed for me in resin. I must admit that this 32mm miniature of a Grave Gnasher has turned out to be a bit softer in detail than I was anticipating, but having looked much closer at the 3D rendering the monster is clearly meant to be a bit ‘blobby’.
Its pre-printed base has also turned out a bit larger than I anticipated, so instead of placing him upon a normal 28mm circular base I have had to use a 40mm instead. This additional size also made me consider placing one or two thematic grave markers around the fiend so as to tie-in to it being an Undead creature of some kind. However, I ultimately felt this might make the entire ensemble a little too busy-looking, or at least, much more difficult to paint.