"Robots With Emotional Problems."
This 32mm* scale FKMSA Failed Experimental Battledroid Series 1 - B is produced by "Papsikels Miniatures" and was downloaded for free as part of a set of STL (Standard Triangle Language) files from their "Patreon" RoboCorps March 2023 subscription service, The model was produced using "Elegoo" Water Washable Resin on a Mars 3 Pro 3D Printer and is clearly inspired by one of the "Roboflops" depicted in Irvin Kershner's 1990 science fiction film "RoboCop 2".
Having found the previously version of this figure rather delicate to pick up, paint and game with, courtesy of the cyborg's tiny pistons, cables, circuitry and wiring, I initially decided to upscale the 3D print from its original 28mm size to a more hefty 32mm using "Chitubox" Basic. However, despite its 108.41% adjustment (measured using the company's Colonist Marine Cyborg Hero E-900 Exterminator as the new eye-line height - also known as 'Arnie Scale'), it still looked a little fragile. So I actually upped the miniature's size again to 115%.
Furthermore, I felt it would be prudent to attack a large rock sculpted by "C27 Studio" behind the Battledroid's legs, as it's insanely thin ankles looked very vulnerable to snapping. Shockingly, even this precaution didn't work, as the model snapped apart whilst being dry-brushed, and only stood reasonably firmly upon its base after I've applied a considerable amount of super-glue to the break, surrounding joints, and every contact point imaginable between the lower limbs and the aforementioned rock.
Robocop 2 was primed with "Citadel" Abaddon Black and then treated to a couple of layers of Scalecolor Thrash Metal by "Scale 75". I went with this particular metallic as I wanted the cyborg to appear a little different in hue to the (smaller) incarnation of FKMSA Failed Experimental Battledroid Series 1 I'd previously pigmented. The 3D print was then drowned in "Citadel" Nuln Oil - the new formula version which I'm still somewhat getting my head around using. The entire ensemble was later dry-brushed with (more) Thrash Metal by "Scale 75".
With the basics all finished, I applied a little "Citadel" Abaddon Black to the miniature's helmet and could have settled with that. But the model looked decidedly bland, so having spotted a couple of colourful wires poking out from the mechanical police officer's official movie stills, I decided to 'pick out' several on the model using combinations of "Vallejo" Heavy Red, Heavy Blue and "Duncan Rhodes' Two Thin Coats" Skulker Yellow. These areas were subsequently treated to a splash of "Citadel" Carroburg Crimson, Drakenhof Nightshade and Reikland Fleshshade respectively.
Alongside this latest addition to my ever-increasing collection of painted science-fiction film inspired "Papsikels Miniatures", I've also started work on a pair of old Matilda 2 tanks by “Pendraken Miniatures” which I recently unearthed. I was actually hoping to use these two 10mm metal British armoured vehicles for my 'Battle Of The Bulge' project. However, I've since discovered that they weren't present during the Ardennes Offensive, and indeed only seemingly saw action during the Winter when used by the unimpressed Soviets. Unperturbed, I've decided to therefore start a non-Winter force of Allies and Axis forces in the scale, basing them with green flock...