This 28mm scale Aquaphibian was sculpted by "Big Mr Tong" and can be downloaded for free as part of a ten-figure set of STL (Standard Triangle Language) files from his "Patreon" subscription service. Based upon Titan's monstrous minions from the 1964 science-fiction television show "Stingray", the miniature was produced using "Elegoo" Water Washable Resin on a Mars 3 Pro 3D Printer.
The figure was initially undercoated in "Vallejo" Heavy Grey, before being consecutively drowned in "Citadel" Biel-Tan Green and Agrax Earthshade. It was then heavily dry-brushed with (more) "Vallejo" Heavy Grey and having all its fins 'picked out' with a base layer of "Citadel" Abaddon Black. These areas were later treated to a combination of "Vallejo" German Camouflage Dark Green and "Citadel" Biel-Tan Green.
Finally, I gave the Aquaphibian's "poisonous gas gun" a lick of "Citadel" Abaddon Black, "Vallejo" Gunmetal and "Citadel" Nuln Oil. Feeling that the 'puppet' possibly lacked some of the silver Videcolor shine seen on the small screen I did consider giving the entire miniature a light dry-brush of "Vallejo" Gunmetal. However, in the end I decided to leave well enough alone, fearing that the slightest misjudgement in tip pressure could result in me having to repaint the entire model again thanks to a misplaced metallic splodge.
Alongside my most recent 3D printed figure I have also been working on (even) more 10mm armoured vehicles by "Pendraken Miniatures". To be honest this particular project has suffered a bit of a slump in recent days on account of my running out of the Middlesbrough-based manufacturer's WWII German Insignia and Swastika [Insignia outlined in white] decals. Whilst this little predicament doesn't obviously directly affect my painting, it does mean I can't quite call the particular trio of Panzer IIs I've been working on completely finished and that's always annoying when I'm truly in the groove for any given genre.
To try and offset my disappointment as I impatiently wait for Leon to pick and post my transfers (along with a few new shines I bought to ease my pain), I have made some good progress on the two Tiger tanks I bought from him at Salute 50. These are super-chunky, heavy beasts, and I'm grateful to those on the Pendraken Forum who kindly helped me master assembling the beauties after I failed to ascertain where certain parts of the metal kit were supposed to be placed.
In addition, I have finished assembling another four 28mm German Infantry (1916-1918) by "Wargames Atlantic". These multi-part plastic soldiers will be added to the other six I recently glued together so as to form the basic core of my Early Great War Conscripts detachment for "Xenos Rampant". I'm actually planning on pigmenting these 'Weird War' soldiers 'en-mass' as part of a twelve-hour painting experiment early next month in an effort to see whether I can batch them in a week...